You can create a book using
[i] your own material
[ii] published materials from other sources (third-party material) or
[iii] a combination of the two
Upload your manuscript
Prove you are human. Please enter the code below to access the upload.
- To get started, send us a preliminary Table of Contents & a 1-page description of the book or a sample chapter.
- A BPF. We’ll send you our Book Proposal Form, that helps us all explore the project in greater detail.
- We’ll send you our electronic Style Guide, with important information about formatting, plus suggestions on how to make your writing really glow.
- If possible, send us a chapter at a time. That way, we can give you feedback as the work progresses, instead of waiting till the end and having to go back to make all those changes.
- If you’re doing a textbook, start to create your own questions and interactive exercises at the end of each chapter or section. We can also work with you on developing digital learning material which you can use on our E-learning platform.
EDITING & REVIEWING
Manuscripts are reviewed by in-house & outside reviewers. If the reviews are favorable, we’ll provide an experienced editor, who will work with you one-on-one, to craft the kind of book you’ll be proud of. If the topic lends itself to it, we will be able to help you turn it into a trade book.
DESIGN & PRODUCTION
Design elements throughout a book are not just a matter of appearance. They increase interest and improve understanding and remembering. At Linus, we use every design element possible, to achieve these goals. For example, we normally send two or three cover designs to choose from.
- We provide the fastest turnaround time in the industry:from finished manuscript to the actual book.
- In addition, we can produce a beta-edition, so you can field-test your book in class; then you can do a final edition as early as the next semester.
- Our aim is to help you craft a book that is interesting, easier to understand and remember, and perhaps even enjoyable.
MARKETING YOUR BOOK
We focus on making your book available in every possible academic environment, from top universities to secondary schools. We are probably the only publishing house that uses virtually every marketing technique available to reach potential readers, including:
- Direct mailings of catalogs, brochures, & flyers
- Presence at conferences, trade shows, & exhibitions
- Interviews on broadcast media
- Print ads
- And whatever works
PERMISSIONS, COPYRIGHTS, REGISTRATION
If you’re using chapters or articles from other scholars’ works, please send us full citations, so we can secure permissions & copyrights for you.
Instead of you hacking your way through rolls of red tape, we can secure copyright clearance within days for other scholars’ material (chapters or articles, e.g.) you may want to include in your book.
We will also secure all permissions needed, to use material from other sources in your book.
We will register & license your content with the US copyright office.
I am now in my second book with Linus. As a 2-volume history of art, it poses many editing & graphic challenges to a publisher – challenges that have been met, let me say, with brilliance & aplomb. The more complex the manuscript, the more reason to choose Linus.
I want to acknowledge the continued support of the staff at Linus Books. The people at Linus have provided encouragement throughout my work. They have not been only colleagues, but true friends.
Rarely have I seen a publisher with such skill and sensitivity. With your superb editorial support, our students suddenly begin to understand the world of the screenwriter. As a teacher I thank you ! As an author I thank you !
Linus published my manuscript on Middle Egyptian Grammar. Their painstaking attention to detail–such as the formatting Egyptian hieroglyphics–resulted in a greatly improved manuscript. They added features such as especially-designed page headers and exquisite cover designs. For these and other reasons, I would highly recommend Linus for scholars…
Computer Applications for Life Sciences
Author: Joan Harnett
Author: M. Ahsanullah
ISBN 10: 1-60797-450-9
ISBN 13: 978-1-60797-450-5
Communication Empowerment in the Information Age
By Emanuel E. Nneji
ISBN 10: 1-60797-711-7
ISBN 13: 978-1-60797-711-7
Intermediate Algebra & Trigonometry
ISBN 10: 1-60797-640-4
ISBN 13: 978-1-60797-640-0
Author: Umesh P. Nagarkatte & Joshua Berenbom
Human Anatomy & Physiology I (3rd Edition)
Author:Mark F. Taylor
No of pages:504
A Guide to Field Experiences and Careers in Sport and Physical Activity (2nd Edition)
Author: Genna G. Bower
Making Sight Words Teaching Word Recognition from Phoneme Awareness to Fluency
Author: Bruce Murray
No of pages: 384
Foundations of Biological Psychology
Author: Timothy W. Parker
Reader in Classical Geopolitics
By Phlip Kelly
ISBN 10: 1-60797-465-7
ISBN 13: 978-1-60797-465-9
Law & International Business (4th Edition)
Author: Seth E. Lipner
No of pages: 366
Prealgebra & Elementary Algebra (Both Books)
Author(s): Umesh P. Nagarkatte, Joshua Berenbom
Elementary Algebra – Beta Edition
Author(s): Umesh P. Nagarkatte, Joshua Berenbom